Saturday, July 24, 2010

Two womens erotic journeys from Olympos to Prague.

SO we had a great send off from Olympos! Manda and I went up to Chimaera to see the flames that naturally burn from the earth. Once they were much bigger but now they are 5 seperate small flames which legend says is the breath of some Mediterranean monster or something. The hike up there was brutal and really took it out of us but it was worth it once we reached the top. The drive to Chimaera was about half an hour from Olympos and on the way the driver stopped to do some grocery shopping and drop it off to his wife ha ha. It was funny seeing all the little houses in the middle of no where, it reminded me of Texas Chainsaw Massacre ha ha.

So after the flames tour we headed back and proceeded to get extremely wasted with the boat cruise crew plus one turkish man and his half asleep wife. I convinced him to buy us tequila shots and then convinced the bar owner we should get more free shots because we were the only ones drinking, bad idea! A few puffs of a sheesha or whatever its called later and everyone was wasted and decided to head to Orange Bar which is a little barn like nightclub in Olympos. As 4am rolled around I was far too drunk and had to retire to my room to refund my food and pass out on my bed but the rest of the crew soldiered on.

Woke up with a killer hangover and had to jump on a 1.5 hour bus ride to Antalya...brutal!! The Air Con was dodgy and the seats were cramped and Manda and I were basically wearing next to nothing because of the heat offending Muslim women left right and centre but we couldnt care less at that stage. We finally made it and set out on our journey to our hostel in Antalya for the night. Antalya was actually really nice and it would have been awesome if we could have stayed longer. Our hostel was clean and the dude was nice and we had an AMAZING meal at the place down the road! Unfortunately we both woke up covered in bites in the morning :( we wandered around and saw Hadriens Gate etc before our bus ride to Istanbul at 9pm. It was so bloody hot though that we had to retire back to the hostel earlier.

The bus to Istanbul was average. It was 11 hours and I didnt really sleep and my bites itched but I guess it could have been worse, Manda came off it with massive cankles ha ha. Got to Istanbul where it is a horrible hot heat and found our peice of shit hostel! The owner was asleep on the couch which turned out to be his bed and attempted to wake up to tell us we cant check in till 1 so off we go to get breakfast and we both felt like crying. Our bites were SO itchy and we wanted a shower and it really was the worst day we have had so far. Our room was tiny with no Air Con so it got so stuffy and horrible and the showers were yuck, I cannot believe people gave this place good reviews!! The only positive was that it was in a really good location, right in the party centre near Taxim Square.

We came across a great metal club called Docken and decided to get wasted in order to forget our bites and how shit our hostel was. Many a beer was consumed and many a metal tune sung whilst Detroit Rock City played on the tv in the background. Met some nice people, some a little too nice and managed to stumble back to the hostel. We hit up Sultanahmet the next day to do a little sight seeing but the weather here is so yucky hot that its hard to wander the streets without feeling like passing out. It was raining in the morning which was a pleasant surprise so I was in jeans and then later it was stinking hot so after visiting the Grand Bizaar and catching a few glimpses of some Mosques we headed back. Had a nice meal and met up with the boys from the cruise then hit the hay.

Headed back to Sultanahmet again and went inside the Blue Mosque which was really cool, being decked out in cloths and all. We also wandered the gardens of Topkapi Palace which was nice and shady and did a little Jewellery shopping. It is such a bizaar experience wandering the streets during prayer time when all the Mosques start airing the Turkish prayer music throughout the streets. Got hassled by many a Turkish man throughout our entire stay, highlights were the pick up line "Dont you wish your boyfriend was hot like me?" They also use tokens here for the trains etc instead of tickets ha ha. One of the worst moments in Istanbul was when we went to a bar for beers with the boys and I went to use the bathroom and when I came out of the cubicle the bar tender was standing in the door way. He mumbled something to me about how he loved me and then in many an untasteful word said he wanted to have sex which I obviously did not agree to and then he tried to take me into the guys toilets but I pushed my way past and got out of there. Manda went to the toilet after me and he propositioned her aswell. Its kind of messed up when you have to worry about the employees at a bar! We didnt intend to but we ended up getting trashed at Docken again tonight and I had an amazing vege burger at this great restaurant, best meal I have had in ages.

So awoke with a killer hangover once more and headed for the airport to get our flight to Prague with a stop over in Budapest. Had no hassles what so ever until we arrived in Prague to find out our luggage was still in Budapest so I cried. I so wasnt in the mood for this, our mozzie bites finally begin the heal and everything is working itself out and now this. So basically tomorrow we have a wasted day of waiting for our bags to arrive at our hotel because we have nothing!! On the brighter side our hotel is awesome and I know we are going to have a great time here. I cannot wait to get to the Sedlec Ossuary :)

4 comments:

  1. Oh My God!!! I can't believe how you are punishing your body? Haven't you had enough of 'killer hangovers' yet, can't see the attraction myself, especially when the weather is so disgustingly hot too? Each to their own I suppose. Hope your bags have caught up with you intact xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. We keep drinking cause shit goes wrong and we need a distraction ha ha

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think i saw you at orange bar :)

    And I apologise on behalf of my country for those mosquitos and horny bar employee.

    If you come again, i recommend to go rafting at Köprülü Kanyon/Antalya.

    See you

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didnt make it to Orange Bar because I was far too intoxicated but are you thinking of Manda? Short brown hair? Thats so funny ha ha.

    ReplyDelete